Saturday, August 20, 2011

What exercise did you do this week?

There's at thread on the forum at the Vogue Australia web site, (here), where members go and just check in with what exercise they have done for the week. I love it. I think it's human nature to want to sticky nose on how other's live their lives- what they're wearing, what they're eating, how they cook, how they work out, what they did today. Of course this is why blogs are so popular and why you clicked on the link to read this one! There's no shame, it's embedded in our DNA, and I am the first to admit I love to know what other people are doing and I'll regularly go out shopping highly inspired by a bloggers outfit, (hi, Lady Melbourne, I never considered jeggings before you bought a pair), or increase my work out hours because someone with an amazing body/transformation works out that much, (waddup, Amanda - try not to be inspired!).

So in the interest of human curiosity, both mine and yours, and a bad, stolen Google running picture, I thought it would be interesting to see what my readers did in terms of exercise this week.

What exercise I did this week

Sunday (at home)
4km run (on road, intervals - couch to 5k)
2 minutes skipping
3x12 ankle taps
3x12 crunches

Monday (at gym)
20 minutes bike intervals
50 minutes whole body weight program (resistance machines)
10 minutes stepper

Tuesday (home)
30 minutes weight bearing exercises (eg. push ups, squats etc)

Wednesday (gym)
30 minutes bike intervals
50 minutes whole body weight program (weighted machines)
5 minutes stepper

Thursday
Day off! With a migraine..

Friday (gym)
25 minutes bike intervals
Upper Body free weight/machine program
10 minutes interval skipping

Saturday (home)
Not done yet, but planning on a run this afternoon.


So pretty please do share, what exercise did you do this week?


Stay well,
Nat x

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, love this idea! I'm such a sticky beak - love reading what people eat and what exercise they do, even if it bores other people half to death!

    Monday - 20 minutes on the cross trainer, 1hr Pilates class, 30 minute walk with a friend

    Tuesday - 4km run on the treadmill

    Thursday - 30 minutes cross trainer, lots of weights, 30 minute walk with a friend

    Saturday - 30 min power walk on the treadmill with the incline bumped up really high. Am also about to do some stretches/Pilates moves on the floor in front of the TV

    Tomorrow - most likely a big stroll after breakfast at a beachside cafe.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So true, we're all so curious!! You're making me feel a little guilty the only exercise I time to do during the week is walking to uni from the station and back (about 2km). And I did a ballet class for 1.5 hours on Thursday too :)
    Hannah xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer curious to sticky beak ;) I'm hating reading this now after having not been to the gym for 1.5 weeks because of being seriously struck down with a virus. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete