Saturday, June 30, 2012

Food from the Week


Morning!  First of all, thank you all for your wonderful feedback last week regarding my food from the week posts; it's sooo lovely to hear people like staring at them as much as I like putting them together.  I love seeing what other people eat as well, so maybe some of you could start doing a similar post so I can sticky nose?  I think so!

It's a beautiful and sunny winter's morning here in Melbourne.  M & I are off for a night away in the country and I can't wait.  Tomorrow I am starting the 50 Days No Sugar challenge!  


Anyway, here is my food from the week....



Din of grilled eggplant and zucchini, topped with a chunky tomato based pasta sauce and parmesan cheese.  M got actual pasta.





Recipe in the making - a no sugar friendly slice.
Ignore the chocolate drizzles which were added for M.





Some Sunday mornings just need bacon & eggs.






Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.





Lazy Lunch.  
Lucky my local sushi place is good.






Soba noodles with broccoli, cabbage, carrot and an egg for lunch.
Super filling.






Shopping.
This is the first week I've started eating Chia.. it makes everything more filling.






Prawns on roast veg with beans and lots of garlic, chilli and parsley for dinner.






A traditional soup from my childhood.
Usually involves lamb, but I replaced with sweet potato.






First time in ages I've eaten this - I missed it!






Felafel, cabbage, egg, cheese and mountain bread lunch.  Perfect!





Light breakfast.



I'm on and off with the gluten free thing.  I found myself hungry all the time, but I still feel really heavy if I have too much gluten at once.  That being said I have been tested before and I am not intolerant.


What's on for everyone's weekend?
Did you eat any good food this past week?

Stay well,
Nat x

3 comments:

  1. The cheese board is making me so hungry! I've had a pretty boring food week, my teeth have been very sore from my braces which has put me off eating. I am trying to get up the motivation to make something delicious tonight - maybe chicken tikka.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Yum. Good series! Love a lot of things, as usual. I've starting eating mountain bread again too, it's good- I like making a quick pizza with it. And cabbage.. so good raw in salads, adds such a vibrant colour :) What kinda things are you adding the chia too?? x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How delicious does all that look? the prawns - i must learn to cook prawns (overcome my fear). and i must do a fry up for breakfast this weekend - those mushies look succulent. thank you for the inspiration. i'mr eally interested in how the nno sugar goes.

    ReplyDelete