Sunday, June 17, 2012

Healthy Ideas from the Week


I didn't take many photos of my food this past week, not sure why, but all the photos I did take involve some kind of healthy idea.  I thought I'd share these with you and maybe you could try some over the coming week.... it's so hard to stay super healthy in Winter when all you want is a giant bowl of something stew like, a giant glass of red wine and a fluffy hot chocolate.   Hopefully these ideas help!


Zucchini Pasta
Use your vegetable peeler to get ribbons of zucchini, then slice into fettucine like strips.  
It's fast if you put many on top of each other..




Add to a lentil bolognaise, or something containing some protein and a little fat, or you're going to be super hungry very soon after eating it.





It was super yummy.









Pumpkin soup usually contains a bunch of potatoes to thicken it up.  Nothing wrong with this!  But if you do want to avoid them..
Try pumpkin and sweet potato, just drain most of the water off before stick blending.
Add a little curry paste for a different flavour, serving with greek yoghurt & chilli oil.








Cornelius is our Pop Corn Maid.
100 calories in 3 cups - how can you go wrong?









Seeing as you asked, Millel is the best supermarket parmesan cheese.
Although parmesan is high in fat, it's very sharp so you only need a little to satisfy, and it's full of calcium.







Can you tell there's only 50 grams of (gluten free) pasta in this?
There's also a whole head of brocolli, a whole red capsicum, a whole zucchini, 3 cloves of garlic, 3 anchovies and some chilli - and that's in this one bowl.
Great way to get vegies.






Home made pizza.  The photo does not do the tastiness justice.
I made the base with half normal flour and half rice flour.  Even M couldn't tell.
The best way to get more veg.  So so yummy.







When you're making your eggs (or your partner's eggs, as I do), chuck some spinach in the pan just after you take them out and sautee for 30 seconds - a minute.  Added Vitamin A, K and folate, manganese and iron to your brekky for minimal effort.





I've finally accomplished really good, balanced eating this past week and feel great for it.  Can't wait to officially get into the no sugar challenge and try out this juice detoxing business.

I've been told I have like a post-viral thing, now.  My body was so hit by the sinusitis, it's just taking a while to clear the effects.  It's funny, you know, I am used to feeling sick and being totally immobile - but I feel great!  Apart from the head symptoms, I have heaps of energy and can't wait to get back into life.

I also have an exciting appointment this week!

What's on for your week?

Stay well,
Nat x

3 comments: